Spring Break is coming up for many of us. For working moms, there is stress in finding a place for the kiddos to go during the day. For stay-at-home moms, there may be the desire to get the kiddos out of the house. Below is a brief list of Spring Break events and camps in the Hub City and surrounding area that hopefully helps all moms make a plan.
- Art Factory Camp at the Garden + Arts Center
- Fun and creative environment for children. It is also cost-effective. They provide the option of half-day or all-day camp and will take children starting at the age of 6.
- TEGA Kid’s Superflex Camp
- All-day indoor and outdoor activities for all ages. $50 per day per child or $200 a week per child.
- All about Sports! $40 per day per child or $129 a week per child.
- Spring Break Camp
- Offered at numerous community centers by the City of Lubbock, accepts ages 6-12. This camp is cost-effective at $85 per child per week. The camp consists of crafts, games, and sports.
- Science Spectrum Camp
- Camp offerings differ based on age but offer all things science. 1 day or 2-day camps are available. Older children camps are 9:00am -3:00 pm and the younger children camps are 9:00am – 12:00pm.
- Old Mill Trade Days
- Post hosts Old Mill Trade Days the second weekend of each month. Spring Fling is March 8th-10th. It includes shopping, food, and entertainment. Adult admission is $2 and children 12 and under are free
- Abilene Zoo
- Only 3 hours away and $8 admission for adults, $5.50 for children. I personally recommend feeding the Giraffes!
- Palo Duro Canyon
- Just 2 hours north is the second largest canyon in the United States. Come to hike, camp, or horse-back ride. $8 admission for adults, children 12 and under are free. There’s even a neat zip-line option right outside the canyon.
- Caprock Canyon
- Want to see Buffalo? Go here! Great for hiking, exploring, and camping. Admission is $5 for adults, and free for those 12 and under. Only 1.5 hours away from Lubbock.
Get outta the house!
- National Ranching Heritage Museum
- Altitude Trampoline Park
- Obstacle Warrior Kids
- The Mud Room
- Clay Cafe
- Painting with a Twist
- 4-ORE Golf
- Blazing Bouncers
- City of Lubbock Parks
- City of Lubbock Recreation Activity Guide
- Main Event
*This blog was not sponsored but developed from personal experience.