The Lubbock Moms Blog Team is growing! We currently have over 20 incredible women on our team, and we are now looking to add diverse, local writers who are passionate about our city and interested in helping LMB produce high-quality content for the blog. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it more than worth it! Do you feel like you have something to give to Lubbock and LMB through your writing? Please consider joining us!
Who we are looking for….
The Lubbock area is a vibrant community with many amazing parenting styles and cultural, ethnic and racial backgrounds represented and we would love to continue to build a team that echoes the diversity of our community. With that in mind, the writers we are looking for are:
- Moms in the Lubbock area who have a passion for motherhood, our city and enjoy sharing their experiences.
- Women with a sense of humor and zest for life who don’t tend to take themselves too seriously.
- A diverse group of women who represent the demographics of our community.
- Moms of children of all ages, from infants to adults.
Summary of Role:
- Submit original content on a monthly basis.
- Be available for Contributor Team video chats (or in-person if schedules allow) to discuss topics.
- Share our content within your social media circle to help generate buzz and excitement.
- Be available for official LMB events as much as possible.
- Respond to emails in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
- Represent Lubbock Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times including social media presence.
What you give….
- Any combination of content per month on topics of your choice (within our brand and mission):
– 2 full blog posts a month to be featured on www.lubbockmomsblog.com
– 3 microblogs a month to be featured on LMB social media channels (including personal photo)
– 4 original mom polls
– 4 original mom tips
– compiling a guide counts for 3 months of content
- Signed Contributor Agreement for 6-month initial commitment, to be renewed every 6 months.
- Available for in-person monthly and/or quarterly contributor meetings and lots of fun team building activities.
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Lubbock area (where you also live, of course!).
- Reliability, team-spirit, flexibility and a great attitude.
What you get….
- Your professional photo and bio on the Lubbock Moms Blog “Meet Our Contributors” page (with links to your personal blog and/or social media channels if you choose to share them).
- Access to our Lubbock Moms Blog Contributors Facebook group and our internal communications.
- Opportunities to test products for review as they become available (to be posted on Lubbock Moms Blog).
- Access to information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, sales, social media and event management.
- Access to presale tickets for Lubbock Moms Blog events, and potential access to discounts.
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, new friends, play dates and so much more!
What you should do….
Complete the form below in its entirety, including…
- Basic contact information.
- The area of town you live in.
- A little bit about your family.
- Are you a business owner or do you have a personal blog?
- Any social media handles you may have.
- A brief explanation as to why you would like to be part of the LMB Events Team.
- Reserve the evening of Sunday, June 9 for a New Events Team Orientation.